30 Years is a lot, right? Rome after 12 years.

 I was worried that I would no longer love Rome, although it has always been my favorite place I have traveled to.  I am glad to report that I still love Rome. If I won the lottery I would move there the next day. Rome is chaotic and amazing and hectic and crowded and peaceful and maddening and informative, all at once. It seems to be complete madness that shouldn't work, but somehow does, and always has, and always will. I have never been any place like it. I'm not exactly Ibn Battuta, but I have been a few places. Rome is always amazing.

Shout out the the Italian and Roman people, who suffer hordes of idiot tourists with grace and charm. I am abandoning the usual format of this blog since no one reads it anyway. I'm just going to blather and throw up some random (hopefully) good pictures and maybe a story or two.

Roman street

A view of the front of the Pantheon in Rome

A picture of a fountain decorated with carved books.

A picture of the large bronze doors of the Pantheon in Rome.

Picture of cherub and seahorse Neptune fountain, Pza. Navona Rome.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pictures from Spain

the Prado Museum