Raining in Rome



So we got to Rome this morning and it's raining. That's OK, though, because we're still in Rome. Today it was a new holiday-the first year celebrating it, we were told. It is the celebration of the unification of Italy. If I had to guess, I would say schools are out, because it seemed like every teenager in Italy was in Rome today. Via Fori Imperia, usually a very busy street, was completely pedestrian today, which was rather bizzare.

On the plus side, museums and attractions are free, so we took advantage of that to go see the forum again. This time you could actually go down into the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, so that was pretty cool.
For supper we went to a fantastic pizzeria called Dar Poeta. Holy crap was it good.

Well, I am tired and need to sleep. I'll post more on subsequent days when I am not so dead from flying.

Eric

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pictures from Spain

the Prado Museum