Archaeology and Gaudi

Today we got up and hopped on the metro to go see Sagrada Familia, the famous cathedral by Gaudi. It is still under construction, as you can see by all the cranes. I'm sure everyone has seen a million pictures of this so I am only going to post the one. We didn't go inside.
Afterwards we rode the metro to the other side of town to visit the Archaeology Museum of Catalonia (Museu d'Arqueologia de Catalunya). It was very cool, and they allowed pictures, which was a nice touch. Here are a few pictures fomr the collection. I took many more, but we are eager to go out and explore Granada, so I will post more later.






After a great lunch (more on that later too) we went to see Casa Mila, a.k.a. La Pedrera, another famous Gaudi building. I will post more about these later today. For now it's time to go see Granada.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More pictures from Spain

the Prado Museum